In this 25 hour/25 CEU from Yoga Alliance section of the online The Art and Science of Teaching Yoga to Cancer Patients & Survivors : (Part I).
You will gain understanding of the following skills:
- A background of researched-based information on cancer, common types, definitions, and treatments
- Empathy for the cancer patient’s journey from diagnosis, to treatment, and beyond
- Explore prejudices and preconceived notions of what it means to be a cancer patient
- Learn a “Construct” for Developing a Safe and Effective Yoga Class for Survivors
- Learn the best YCS Class Model designed for cancer patients
- The realities of dealing with the possibility of death and dying
- Anatomy and physiology of cancer treatments for common cancers
- How to use research articles from Nationally Recognized Websites and to develop an outline for Yoga for Cancer Survivors (YCS) classes
- The language of cancer, its stages, common words among survivors, and what cancer is
- The language of Hope (using appropriate language to support cancer patients)
- Linking side effects of cancer treatments and diagnosis to yogic principles and philosophy through the use of design, speech, atmosphere, and self-reflection
- The Yamas and Niyamas as the base of creating a safe and compassionate class which effectively shows tools for dealing with stress, anxiety, pain, loss, social stigma, fatigue, spiritual ‘dark night of the soul’, death and dying
The Art & Science of Teaching Yoga to Cancer Patients and Survivors. The Teacher Training Course will use: vimeo lecture, resource videos, credible websites, research articles on cancer and the use of yoga, my free ‘Yoga for Cancer Survivors’ download to deconstruct and challenging emotional tasks to build empathy and understanding. The course begins by pressing the BUY NOW button below and costs $250.00 (US). You will receive 25 CEU’s upon successful completion within three months. Anyone may take PART I at anytime. Only teacher who successfully complete PART I and have been approved by me, may go on to Parts II and III.
Please note which course you are signing up for in the Paypal memo to buyer. (Part I, Part II, Part III) Anyone may take the first class, Part I.
The details of Part II and Part III are on another page: Teacher Training.
Please write to me about applying for a Scholarship rate for Part I.
Those going on to Part II and III do so with my approval. By the time you take Part II and Part III, we will be old friends!!
Within 24 hours of submitting your payment and email address, you will receive an email with the initial background material and a pre-test. Email me when you complete the pre-test, and I will send you lessons one at a time. Each lesson is commented on and then the next lesson is sent, until you have completed section. At the end of each section, you will have a personal phone call with me. You will receive 25 CEU’s accredited by Yoga Alliance for Part I. Part II and Part III are separate courses for advanced yoga teachers.
If you are curious about what you will learn, go to the GRADUATES page and listen to their final projects which are posted on Youtbue.
Thank you for taking the The Art & Science of Teaching Yoga to Cancer Patients and Survivors Teacher Training Course. Learning the art of teaching yoga to cancer patients and survivors is a calling we answer because our hearts lead us to this way of healing with yoga.