In this 25 hour section of the online The Art and Science of Teaching Yoga to Cancer Patients & Survivors : (Part I).
You will gain understanding of the following skills:
- A background of researched-based information on cancer, common types, definitions and treatments
- Empathy for the cancer patients journey from diagnosis, to treatment, and beyond
- Explore prejudices and preconceived notion of what it means to be a cancer patient
- Use a Construct for Developing a Safe and Effective Yoga Class for Survivors
- The three parts of a yoga class designed for cancer patients
- The realities of dealing with the possibility of death and dying
- Anatomy and physiology of cancer treatments for common cancers
- How to use research articles to develop Yoga for Cancer Survivors (YCS) classes
- The language of cancer
- The language of Hope (using appropriate language to support cancer patients)
- Linking side effects of cancer treatments and diagnosis to yogic principles and philosophy through the use of design, speech, atmosphere, and self-reflection
- The Yamas and Niyamas as the base of creating a safe and compassionate class which effectively shows tools for dealing with stress, anxiety, pain, loss, social stigma, fatigue, spiritual ‘dark night of the soul’, death and dying
The YOGA FOR CANCER PATIENTS Teacher Training Course will use lecture, resource videos, credible websites, research articles on cancer and the use of yoga, my free ‘Yoga for Cancer Survivors’ CD to deconstruct and challenging emotional tasks to build empathy and understanding. The course begins by pressing the BUY NOW button below and costs $150.00 (US).
Please note which course you are signing up for in the Paypal memo to buyer. (Part I, Part II, Part III) Anyone may take the first class, Part I, only those with approval from me may take sections II and III. The details of Part II and Part III are on another page. The same paypal button is used throughout, since the pricing is the same. Those going on to Part II and III do so with my approval. By the time you take Part II and Part III, we will be old friends:)
Within 24 hours of submitting your payment and email address, you will receive an email with the initial background material and pre-test. Email me when you complete the pre-test and background articles, and I will send you your video lectures one at a time. The links are just for you and will expire in one week. When you complete a short online test, the next video and activities will be sent, and so on,until you have completed section I. You will receive 25 CEU’s accredited by Yoga Alliance.
Thank you for taking the The Art & Science of Teaching Yoga to Cancer Patients and SurvivorsTeacher Training Course. It will change your perspective by building background information you need to safely teach yoga to cancer patients and survivors. Learning the art of teaching yoga to cancer patients and survivors is a calling we answer because our hearts lead us to this way of healing with yoga.